Digital Marketing Strategy: 3 Things You Need to Know for 2014
If you haven’t already, you need to start thinking about your 2014 marketing plan. If 2013 has taught us anything, it’s that digital and mobile marketing are here to stay and that they need to be included in your marketing mix. If you want to effectively reach your target audience in the Washington D.C. metro area, digital display and mobile have proven to be effective. As you start putting together your 2014 marketing plan, consider these three marketing trends:
1.) Tablets will continue to surge in popularity.
- When creating your digital marketing strategy, be sure to include banner ads as well as mobile ads that will serve tablets and smartphones.
- With over a third of Americans owning a tablet, the time spent using a tablet will increase, as will the number of people owning tablets in the Washington D.C. area.
- Make sure your website is tablet-friendly and that any banner ads you create will properly display on any tablet and mobile device.
2.) Mobile marketing will be even more mobile.
- The increasing popularity of mobile devices allows consumers to be more mobile and on the go than ever. Integrate mobile into your marketing mix and be creative.
- There are countless ways to incorporate mobile into your digital marketing strategy, from special mobile-only promotions to location based services.
- Microsoft says that mobile internet usage will overtake desktop internet usage by 2014.
- The belief that consumers are making purchases, using social media and browsing their favorite websites while sitting at their desktop computer is changing.
3.) Content is king.
- It seems like everyone is starting a blog and/or running a mini social media campaign by aggressively (and strategically) posting to Twitter and Facebook.
- This is the new reality of consumer engagement, and in turn, marketing.
- Create a social media plan for your business that allows you to engage with your target audience, keep current clients top of mind and set yourself apart from your competitors.
- With so many social media sites, determine which will be most beneficial for your business.
- Then focus your efforts on updating, engaging, and providing valuable content.
- In addition, use social media to repurpose content that will demonstrate your expertise.
With next year fast approaching, now is the time to finalize your 2014 marketing strategy. Consider the 3 trends outlined in this article as you create your integrated marketing plan. They will help you stay ahead of the curve and not be behind the times. If 2013 has taught us anything about digital marketing, it’s that mobile needs to be a part of your digital marketing strategy.
Every Washington D.C. business’s marketing strategy will be different and needs to be tailored to your business’s needs and goals. We’ve created a free eBook, The Marketing Strategy Model, to help you create the best marketing strategy for your business. Download The Marketing Strategy Model today, and you’ll be on your way to marketing success!