Did you know that there are 400 million tweets sent in a day? Or that 72% of adult internet users are now active on at least one social network (which is up from 67% last year and 8% in 2005)? Or that 4 billion videos are viewed on You Tube every day. Or that there are 166 million Facebook users in the United States alone, which is well over half of the entire US population?
There is no question that social media interaction has significantly grown throughout 2013 and will continue to grow in 2014. As 2013 winds down and we head full force into 2014, there are some important social media trends to keep an eye on. Predictions are already being made about where social media is headed in 2014, which means it is time to start creating and perfecting your 2014 social media marketing plan.
As a marketing professional in Washington DC, it is imperative to make educated marketing decisions and to have an effective marketing strategy for your business as we head into the new year.
Here are the top 10 facts and stats you need to know:
- 97% of all consumers search for local businesses online. (Forbes)
- 86% of companies are comfortable marketing with social tools, and only 41% use social tools for communicating with customers. (Forbes)
- 71% of consumers receiving a quick brand response on social media say they would likely recommend that brand to others. (Forbes)
- 78% of small businesses attract new customers through social media. (Relevanza)
- 87% of buyers say online content has a major or moderate impact on vendor preference and selection. (B2B Marketing Insider)
- 54% of B2B marketers plan to increase spending on content marketing in 2014. (MyCustomer.com)
- Almost 60% of all social media-referred traffic to B2B websites comes from just three networks: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. (It’s All About Revenue)
- 93% of online research starts with a search engine and 68% of consumers check out companies on social networking sites before buying. (Brandpoint)
- 43% of U.S. marketers have obtained at least one new customer through LinkedIn. (Social Media Today)
- 70% of brands now have a presence on Google+, up from just 4% in the last quarter of 2012. (Social Media Today)
Having an effective 2014 social media marketing campaign for your Washington DC business is no longer a luxury. It is a necessity. Reaching and engaging your current customers and clients, as well as targets, will no longer be optional…it is expected.
Creating a social media marketing plan is difficult enough by itself and improving it throughout the year to maximize its effectiveness can be a daunting task. Set up a free consultation with one of DCMarketingPro.com’s social media experts who will help you identify and understand your business’s social media needs and can create a social media solution that will help your business reach its marketing goals and ultimately help you grow your business.